Monocle Barbers was established in February 2018 by Israel & Anna Castro in Los Angeles, California as an extension of Master Barbers Barbershop (located across the street), Monocle Barbers provides a continuous quality and precision services. From gentlemen scissor haircuts to modern skin fades, and hot lather straightedge razor shaves. An assortment of quality natural hair products available for men and children of all ages.
Having worked in several Barbershops in Downtown Los Angeles, Salvador Aguilar has over four years of experience.
Sal first began working as a customer service representative in a local barbershop years ago and has been in love with the grooming industry ever since. Shortly thereafter, Sal received his Barber License at LA Barber College in Los Angeles, California.
"I enjoy what I do and I do my very best to keep customers happy with their services.”
— Salvador Aguilar // Barber at Monocle Barbers
Marisol has been in the industry for 6+ years. Born in San Jose, California, her inspiration to become a professional barber was her brother and two sisters. Her work also pays tribute to her mentor, the influential and now retired barber, Maribel Jimenez. Her passion for the trade began at The Incredible Cut Barbershop - now known as Monocle Barbers - where she has honed her craft over time.
Marisol received her Barber License at LA Barber College in Los Angeles, California.
“As a female barber, I’m proud to say that I have a passion for making gentlemen look their best, which helps them on their road to success.”
— Marisol Martinez // Barber at Monocle Barbers
Edgar is a family man who’s first interest for barbering was on his regular visits as a customer. Further graduated from Pro-Barber College in Torrance California. Edgar has shadowed the Master Barbers’ skill & artistry as an apprentice by utilizing clippers & fine shears techniques. With 3 years of experience, he now applies his craftsmanship at Monocle Barbers.
Edgar received his barber license from the California Board of Barbering & Cosmetology.
“Grooming and auto mechanics go hand in hand as both require detail and fine tuning.”
— Edgar Cariño // Barber at Monocle Barbers
Antonio was born & raised in the city of Santa Monica, completed his bachelors degree in Sociology at Cal State Northridge. As a family man, he loves spending time with his wife and son. His goal is to become a reputable Master Barber in his community.
Antonio received his Barber & Cosmetology license at Pro-Barber College in the state of California.
“Going above and beyond is what I’m all about in all aspects of life.”
— Antonio Hernandez // Barber at Monocle Barbers
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Do you take walk-in’s? We welcome walk-in customers but we guarantee service through our user friendly online booking system
- How much are your haircuts? All of our haircuts are $23.00 (please refer to online service menu for additional pricing information)
- How do I book an appointment? Please schedule on our website at www.MonocleBarbers.com
- Am I required to prepay online? No. Prepay is just one of our convenient payment options
- Do you accept credit/debit card payments? We accept all major credit cards (including American Express & Apple Pay)
- How can I cancel my appointment? You may cancel via email confirmation of your appointment or you may contact us through our chat online feature
- Am I able to get refunded if I cancel my appointment? Yes, if you cancel 1 hour or sooner before your appointment time
- Can I reschedule my appointment to a different time? Yes, you may do so with email confirmation to edit your appointment
- Do you have a grace period if I’m running behind to my appointment? We have a 10 minute grace period (depending on the haircut and style), otherwise we advice to reschedule to different time so your service is well-timed
- How can I speak to a representative? Please click on our online chat link and we will get back to you ASAP
- Do you cut women’s hair? We welcome all genders as long as haircut & style is applied to barbershop setting
- Do you cut children’s hair? All children and toddlers are welcomed
- Are you a multi ethnic barbershop? We welcome customers of all races and hair textures
- Do you sell hair product? We do offer a selection of products, including natural pastes and pomades. Testers available in shop.
- Why do prices differ from Master Barbers (first location) and Monocle Barbers (second location)? We’ve allowed continuous affordable pricing at Monocle Barbers to honor it’s loyal customer base from previous ownership. Master Barbers prices are based on its high customer demand and added amenities.